Glenn Duncan, general sales manager of KTAL NBC 6, KSHV-V45 and ArkLaTexhomepage.com visited Pippen Motor Company Monday afternoon for the Salute the Badge Roadshow.
Several local first responders were recognized, with Will Blackwell and Tonya Cook from Pippen Motor Company handing out plaques to the honorees.
"We value and honor our first responders here, whether that's the fire department, the sheriff's department, the police department," Blackwell said. "We're grateful that they protect us each day."
Those honored were Carthage Fire Department Chief Brody Akins, Panola County Sheriff Kevin Lake, Panola County Chief Deputy Jeff Ivy, Carthage Fire Department Fire Marshal Randy Lietke and the late Panola County Sheriff's Deputy Chris Dickerson.
As featured on
- Sookie Sookie provides handcrafted jewelry and more to Carthage and beyond
- UT Health Carthage getting COVID-19 vaccine
- Elysian Fields ISD announces brief school closure due to COVID-19
- Panola County Arrest Report: Jan. 24, 2021
- Carthage man charged in U.S. Capitol insurrection
- Carthage ISD to spend $299,652 on replacing school buses
- Panola County Arrest Report: January 20, 2021
- Panola County Arrest Report: January 17, 2021
- Billboards honoring New Salem school, Colored Town posted in Carthage
- Panola College partners with Brookshire Brothers to distribute COVID-19 vaccine