The following items were submitted by the Panola County Sheriff’s Office:
Friday, Jan 29:
- Deputy Richard Mojica took a report of criminal mischief. Complainant stated that a truck ran into his ice machine in front of his store. A description of the vehicle as well as the license plate was given. This case is still being investigated.
Monday, Feb. 1:
- Deputy Jesus Martinez and Deputy Chris Hansen responded to a residence on CR 2091 in reference to a possible burglary in progress. Complainant stated that he was not at the residence but could hear people inside his house through a security system. Upon arrival deputies checked the house and observed all the doors and windows to be secure. Complainant advised that he has video footage of people trespassing on his property on other occasions. The area has been posted for extra patrol.
Tuesday, Feb 2:
- Deputy Quade Davis was dispatched to CR 207 in reference to a theft that occurred. Upon arrival Deputy Davis met with the complainant who stated that some unknown actor(s) stole her catalytic converter from her vehicle. This case is under investigation.
- Deputy Travis Curry responded to Hwy 59 S. in reference to a disturbance. Upon arrival Deputy Curry met with the complainant who stated that she and her boyfriend had come to check on her mother. Complainant advised that while there, her mother attacked her by punching her in the ribs and in the face. Deputy Curry did observe some injuries to the complainant. Deputy Curry placed the suspect under arrest for assault/family violence.
Wednesday, Feb 3:
- Deputy Robert Duncan took a report of criminal mischief that occurred on CR 207. Complainant stated that while he was parked at his girlfriend's residence someone came onto the property and cut the tire on his vehicle.
- Deputy Jeff Martin took a report of theft that occurred on FM 3231. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) came onto the property and stole two 12 volt batteries.
Thursday, Feb. 4:
- Deputy Heather Green took a report of theft that occurred. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) entered her unlocked vehicle and stole her Bersa Firestorm.380 caliber handgun. The gun has been entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen.
Friday, Feb. 5:
- While on patrol, Deputy Richard Mojica initiated a stop on a vehicle for expired registration. Deputy Mojica then made contact with the male driver and female passenger. After speaking with both subjects and receiving consent, Deputy Mojica conducted a search of the vehicle. While searching, Deputy Mojica located two bags of suspected methamphetamine and several drug paraphernalia items. Both subjects were placed under arrest for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Saturday, Feb. 6:
- Deputy Quade Davis and Deputy Jason Gradberg conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for failing to maintain a single lane. After making contact and speaking with the male driver and observing his nervous and agitated behavior, Deputy Davis requested Deputy Richard Mojica and K-9 Roxie to his location. After receiving a positive alert from K-9 Roxie, Deputy Davis began conducting a search of the vehicle. While searching Deputy Davis located a glass pipe a bag containing suspected methamphetamine and a firearm. The subject was placed under arrest for possession of a controlled substance and unlawfully carrying a weapon.
- Deputy Travis Curry and Deputy Calahan Malone responded to a disturbance on CR 207. Upon arrival deputies met with a female subject who stated that her boyfriend became angry at her and began trashing the residence and then proceeded to grab her by the throat and shove her. Deputies then made contact with the boyfriend who admitted to pushing the female subject but stated that it was self-defense after she had punched him in the head and then started biting his face. Deputies observed visible marks on both subjects. Both subjects were then placed under arrest for assault/family violence.
Sunday Feb. 7:
- Deputy Shakami Manning took report of theft that occurred on FM 31. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) stole his revolver from a cabinet inside his house.
Monday, Feb. 8:
- Deputy Jacob Samford took a report of UUV that occurred. Complainant stated that he allowed his aunt to use his vehicle to go see some family members and she has failed to return it. The vehicle was entered as stolen, but later recovered in Rusk County
- Deputy Robert Duncan took a report of UUV that occurred in the Beckville area. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) stole his work truck. Complainant advised that he was able to get a location of the vehicle using GPS. Deputy Duncan and the complainant both went to where the GPS showed and were located the truck. Complainant went through the interior and stated that nothing appeared to be missing.
Wednesday, Feb. 10:
- Deputy Stephen Gillie conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for reckless driving. Deputy Gillie then made contact with the female driver and male passenger. While speaking with the subject's Deputy Gillie observed a mason jar with liquid inside and a pipe coming out of the top. When questioned about the item, the female subject advised that it was homemade bong used for smoking marijuana. A search of the vehicle was then conducted. While searching Deputy Gillie located several items of drug paraphernalia and three bags containing suspected methamphetamine. The female subject was placed under arrest for possession of drug paraphernalia and the male subject was placed under arrest for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Deputy Shakami Manning took a report of theft that occurred on CR 129. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) came onto his property stole two of his shovels.