The following items were submitted by the Panola County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, Nov. 13:
- Deputies responded to CR 417 in reference to a report of burglary. Upon arrival deputies met with the complainant who stated that as he was driving past the residence, he observed a truck parked in the driveway that should not be there as well as a male subject standing next to it. Complainant advised that as he approached the vehicle, the male subject fled on foot into the woods. As deputies searched the area, they observed four catalytic converters in the bed of the truck. It was determined that the converters had all been stolen from vehicles that were located on the property. Several pieces of evidence were located at the scene as well as the suspect’s wallet. The suspect was later located and placed under arrest.
- Deputy Heather Green took a report of theft that occurred on CR 447. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) came onto his property and stole a 30’ black trailer. This case is being investigated.
- Deputy Richard Mojica responded to FM 124 in reference to a report of theft that occurred. Upon arrival Deputy Mojica met with the complainant who stated that some unknown actor(s) came onto his property and stole his 2010 Polaris Ranger and 16’ trailer. Complainant advised that there were numerous tools, equipment and miscellaneous items on both the Ranger trailer. This case is being investigated.
Sunday, Nov. 15:
- Deputy Richard Mojica responded to CR 305 in reference to a burglary of a vehicle. Upon arrival Deputy Mojica met with the complainant who stated that some unknown actor(s) reached into her husband’s vehicle through a broken window and stole his wallet that was sitting on the dashboard. Complainant advised that her husband’s debit card, driver’s license and social security card were inside the wallet.
- Deputy Shakami Manning took a report of harassment. Complainant stated that her ex-boyfriend continuously calls her as well as her mother making threatening statements. Complainant advised that the suspect has threatened to kidnap her and physically harm her. Contact was made with the suspect and he was advised to have no further contact with the complainant. Information will be forwarded to the DA’s office.
Monday, Nov. 16:
- Deputy Robert Duncan took a report of criminal mischief that occurred. Complainant stated that a male subject driving around the campground looking for his dog struck a water spigot and sewer pipe and then left. Complainant advised that the dog was later located with the owner’s name on the tag. This case is being investigated.
- Sgt. Adam Jones and Investigator Chadd Gray responded to FM 699 in reference to a theft that occurred. Upon arrival investigators spoke with the complainant who stated that she had a male subject stay overnight with her and during that time period several items such as a lock box containing jewelry and money have gone missing from her residence. Investigators spoke with the male subject who denied taking anything from the residence. Investigators searched the inside of the subject’s vehicle but did not locate any of the missing items. This case is still being investigated.
Tuesday, Nov. 17:
- Deputy Stephen Gillie and Deputy Joshua Nagle responded to a residence on FM 2792 in reference to a dispute. Upon arrival deputies met with the complainant who stated she called 911 because her son and his girlfriend were not letting her into the residence that she was recently living in to get her dogs. Complainant stated that her son and girlfriend finally came out while she was on the phone with 911 and the female subject grabbed the phone from her, scratching her hand in the process and causing it to bleed. Complainant advised that the subject then disconnected the 911 call. Deputies made contact with the female subject and placed her under arrest for assault/family violence and interfering with an emergency call.
- Deputy Robert Duncan took a report of theft that occurred on Highway 79 N. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) came onto the property and stole his side by side and trailer. Both items have been entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen.
Wednesday, Nov. 18:
- Deputy Calahan Malone took a report of credit/debit card abuse. Complainant stated that she recently discovered where someone had made two unauthorized transactions using her account. Complainant stated that the transactions totaled $1,719.98.
- Deputy Stephen Gillie and Deputy Joshua Nagle were dispatched to a report of a suspicious vehicle on FM 3359. Deputies located the vehicle and made contact with the two male occupants. While speaking with the passenger, Deputy Nagle observed a clear bag containing what he suspected to be methamphetamine sitting in plain view on the seat. A search of the vehicle was then conducted but no other contraband was located. Both subjects denied ownership of the methamphetamine. Both subjects were then placed under arrest for possession of a controlled substance and transported to the Panola County Detention Center.