The following items were submitted by the Panola County Sheriff’s Office.
Saturday, July 11:
- Deputy Jared Bailey and Deputy Robert Delconte responded to a residence in the Beckville area in reference to an assault that had occured. Upon arrival, deputies made contact with a male subject at the door and advised him that they needed to speak with the female subject inside the residence. The male subject attempted to shut the door, at which time deputies made entry into the residence to check the welfare of the female subject. Deputies made contact with the female subject and observed her to have a black eye and multiple lacerations. The male subject was then placed under arrest for assault/family violence and transported to the Panola County Detention Center.
- Dispatch received a call from a male subject requesting deputies to come with him to his sister’s residence because he believes she had been assaulted by her boyfriend. Deputies met with the subject at the residence and made contact with the female subject. Deputies observed a knot on her head and her right eye to be swollen shut. The female subject advised deputies that her boyfriend had become upset with her and struck her twice with a closed fist. Deputies then made contact with the suspect and placed him under arrest fro assault/family violence
Sunday, July 12:
- While on patrol, Deputy Randy Payne and Sgt. Albert Garza observed two vehicles parked on the shoulder of the road. Deputies pulled over and made contact with two male subjects who advised that they were fixing a flat tire. While speaking with the subjects, Deputy Payne detected the odor of what he believed to be marijuana and also observed a glass pipe commonly used for smoking methamphetamine in plain view inside one of the vehicles. A search of both vehicles was then conducted. Inside of the vehicles deputies located a small bag containing suspected methamphetamine and a bag of suspected marijuana. That subject was placed under arrest for possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana. Inside the second vehicle deputies located a .22 caliber revolver with the identification number illegally removed. A record check revealed that subject to be a convicted felon and he was placed under arrest for possession of a firearm by a felon and tampering with identification numbers. Both subjects were transported to the Panola County Detention Center.
- Deputy Richard Mojica took a report of criminal mischief that occured on County Road 3032. Complainant stated that the window on her rent house had been broken out. Complainant stated that the previous tenants may have been responsible due to them being evicted. Complainant requested the area be posted for extra patrol.
Monday, July 13:
- Deputy Robert Duncan took a report of criminal trespass that occurred on County Road 265. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) came onto the company’s property and tampered with the seven wells. Complainant advised that whoever tampered with the wells also left a warranty deed laying on top of each well. This case is being investigated.
Tuesday, July 14:
- Deputy Heather Bowen took a report of theft of a firearm that occurred. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) stole her 9mm handgun out of the glovebox of her vehicle. The firearm has been entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen.
Wednesday, July 15:
- Deputy Joshua Nagle was dispatched to a residence on County Road 1831 in reference to a burglary of a building. Upon arrival Deputy Nagle met with the complainant who stated that he went outside to investigate a loud noise and discovered a male subject in dark clothing standing next to his storage building. Complainant advised that when he shined his flashlight at the subject he took off. Complainant stated that nothing appeared to be missing from inside the building. Area has been posted for extra patrol.
- Deputy Jared Bailey took a report of theft that occurred on County Road 207. Complainant stated some unknown actor(s) entered her garage and stole her micro pig. This case is under investigation.