The following items were submitted by the Panola County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, Aug. 28:
- Deputy Robert Duncan took a report of theft that occurred on County Road 455. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) came onto the location and stole a 12-volt battery which stopped production of the well. This case is under investigation.
Deputy Heather Green took a report of theft that occurred on County Road 3153. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) came onto the property and stole approximately 100 to 150 gallons of motor oil, a custom lock, 12-volt battery and three signs. Complainant advised that the actor(s) also damaged a custom aluminum tool box. This case is being investigated.
Saturday, Aug. 29:
- Deputy Chris Hansen and Deputy Jesus Martinez were dispatched to a residence on County Road 336 in reference to an assault that had already occurred. Upon arrival deputies met with the complainant who stated that he and his stepdaughter were arguing about her taking his prescription medication when she began hitting him in the face with a closed fist numerous times. Deputies observed bruising and swelling to the complainant’s left eye. Complainant advised that his stepdaughter also began throwing and breaking things all around the residence. Complainant stated that the suspect then took off on foot. Deputies located the suspect a short distance from the residence. When questioned, the subject admitted to hitting the complainant during the argument. The suspect was placed under arrest for assault/family violence and criminal mischief.
- Deputy Phillip Grimes took a report of assault that occurred. Complainant stated that she and her son were arguing when he shoved her and then kicked her in the knee. Complainant advised that she then left the residence and came to the Sheriff’s Office to file a report. Deputy Grimes did not observe any visible injuries to the complainant. Information has been forwarded to the DA’s office.
- Deputy Stephen Gillie initiated a stop on a vehicle for expired registration and made contact with the male driver. While speaking with the driver, Deputy Gillie detected the odor of what he believed to be marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. Deputy Gillie then conducted a container with suspected marijuana inside as well as some items of drug paraphernalia. Deputy Gillie also located a 9mm pistol. The subject was placed under arrest for possession of marijuana and unlawfully carrying a weapon.
Tuesday, Sept. 1:
- Deputy Joshua Nagle responded to County Road 302 in reference to an assault that had occurred. Upon arrival, Deputy Nagle met with the complainant who stated that she and her son were arguing when he struck her about the face and head with a closed fist. Deputy Nagle observed numerous knots on the complainant’s forehead. The son was detained and later transported to Gregg County Juvenile facility.
Wednesday, Sept. 2:
- Deputy Jacob Samford and Deputy Stephen Gillie responded to a report of theft that occurred at a Dollar General. Dispatch advised that the suspects had already left the store and gave a description of the vehicle. Deputies were able to locate the suspect’s vehicle and initiate a stop. Deputies were able to located the suspect’s vehicle and initiate a stop. Deputies then made contact and identified the four female subjects inside the vehicle, one of whom was confirmed to be a runaway juvenile. Deputies located numerous snacks, drinks and miscellaneous items inside the vehicle, all of which were confirmed through camera footage to be the stolen items from the dollar store. All four subjects were charged with theft of property and engaging in organized criminal activity. Two of the subjects were additionally charged with failure to identify after giving false names to deputies. The female driver was also charged with harboring a runaway. All stolen items were returned to the dollar store.
- Deputy Phillip Grimes took a report of burglary of a vehicle that occurred on County Road 225. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) entered his unlocked vehicle and stole approximately $40 in assorted coins.
- Deputy Phillip Grimes took a report of burglary of a vehicle that occurred on FM 1970. Complainant stated that unknown actor(s) entered his unlocked vehicle and stole $200 in cash as well as his bank card. This case is being investigated.
- Deputy Phillip Grimes took a report of burglary of vehicle that occurred on FM 1970. Complainant stated that some unknown actor(s) entered two of his vehicles that were parked and left unlocked. Complainant advised that two handguns, a rifle and two bank cards were stolen. All firearms have been entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen
- Deputy Joshua Nagle and Deputy Robert DelConte, were dispatched to a burglary of a vehicle that occurred on FM 1794. Upon arrival, deputies met with the complainant who stated that some unknown actor(s) entered his vehicle and stole a cell phone, prescription medication and a .45 caliber handgun. The handgun was entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen.