The following items were submitted by the Panola County Sheriff’s Office.
Saturday, Aug. 10
- Deputy Chadd Gray responded to a call of an assault. Upon his arrival, he contacted a white female who stated her boyfriend and another white female had assaulted her inside her camper and then dragged her outside. Once outside, they hooked up the camper and hauled it away, leaving her at the location. She was able to get a ride to another location and use their phone to call for help. Complainant stated she did not have her cell phone or purse to contact anyone to get her. Complainant was finally able to contact someone to come get her.
- Deputies Josh Nagle and Albert Garza responded to a call of an assault in Beckville. The female complainant stated that she was assaulted in a vehicle by her boyfriend. Upon making contact with the boyfriend, he stated his girlfriend had assaulted him. After speaking with a witness who was also in the vehicle and based on injuries sustained to both parties, the female was arrested for assault as the primary aggressor. All reports will be forwarded to the DA’s office for review.
- Deputy Richard Mojica and Reserve Deputy Travis Wilson were dispatched to County Road 3334 in reference to an assault that had already occurred. Upon arrival, Deputy Wilson spoke with the complainant who stated that her ex-husband was at her residence to collect some of his property from the shed. Complainant advised that when she entered the shed, the subject hit her three times with the door, causing bruising to her left arm and legs. Photographs were taken of the injuries and information was forwarded to the DA’s office.
Sunday, Aug. 11
- Panola County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a residence on County Road 1105 in reference to a 911 call about a shooting. Deputies spoke with the original caller as well as the victim. Neither was able to provide any information or a description of the suspect. The victim was taken to the hospital for treatment. This case is still being investigated.
Monday, Aug. 12
- Deputy Chris Dickerson took a report of theft that occurred. Complainant stated that upon arriving home, she discovered that three firearms were missing. The firearms have been entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen. This case is under investigation.
- Deputy Jeff Martin responded to a report of theft that occurred on FM 1970. Upon arrival, Deputy Martin met with the complainant, who stated that some unknown actor(s) cut the fence on her property to gain entry and then stole her sister’s golf cart. This case is under investigation.
Tuesday, Aug. 13
Deputy Phillip Grimes responded to a residence in reference to a 911 call of a disturbance. Caller stated that her brother was at her parent’s residence acting threatening and aggressive. Upon arrival, Deputy Grimes observed a male subject pacing in the driveway. After a brief struggle, Deputy Grimes was able to detain the subject. Deputy Grimes also located a glass pipe commonly used for smoking methamphetamine on his person. The subject was placed under arrest for terroristic threat, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.