The following blotter items were submitted by the Panola County Sheriff’s Office.
Saturday, May 25:
- Deputy Chris Dickerson took a report of criminal mischief that occurred in the Beckville area. Complainant stated that she borrowed a friend’s car to go and retrieve some personal property from a male subject. Complainant advised upon arriving at the subject’s residence, he became angry and took a weed eater and began striking her friend’s car with it, causing damage to the windshield. Information was forwarded to the DA’s office.
- Deputy Jeremy Nagle responded to a residence on County Road 302 in reference to an assault that had already occurred. Upon arrival, Deputy Nagle met with the complainant who stated that she and her boyfriend had gotten into an argument. Complainant advised that during the argument her boyfriend began hitting and kicking her. Complainant stated that she began biting the subject at which time he released her and she fled the residence. Deputy Nagle then made contact with the boyfriend, who stated that he had broken up with the complainant and was trying to tell her to leave the residence when she became angry and started yelling and biting him. This case is being investigated.
- Deputy Jeff Martin responded to County Road 3393 regarding a report of UUMV and theft of a firearm. Upon arrival, Deputy Martin met with the complainant who stated that an unknown person(s) had come on her property and taken her pickup. Complainant advised that her Beretta 9mm pistol was in the console of the truck. Complainant stated that she contacted On Star and was advised that the truck was in Shreveport, Louisiana. The truck and the firearm were entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen, and an administrative message was issued to be on the lookout for the vehicle. Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office located the truck a short time later. Three male subjects were seen exiting the vehicle and fleeing into the woods. Caddo Parish Deputies were unable to capture the three individuals, but were able to recover the stolen vehicle. The truck was later returned to the owner. The firearm was not recovered.
- Deputy Philip Grimes responded to a residence on U.S. 79 North in reference to a burglary. Upon arrival, Deputy Grimes met with the complainant who stated that some unknown actor(s) broke into the residence by removing the bars on one of the windows. Complainant advised that once inside the actor(s) stole five guitars and a DVD player. This case is being investigated.
Monday, May 27:
Lt. Alan Smith was dispatched to a residence on Texas 149 in reference to criminal mischief. Upon arrival, Lt. Smith met with the complainant who stated that some unknown actor(s) threw eggs on the front of his house. Complainant advised that the actor(s) also left numerous busted eggs on his front walkway.
Tuesday, May 28:
- Deputy Alberto Garza responded to County Road 191 in reference to criminal mischief. Upon arrival, Deputy Garza made contact with the complainant who stated that when he arrived home he noticed some unknown actor(s) had damaged his rental truck while attempting to steal the tailgate. Complainant stated that during the attempt, they damaged the rear bumper and driver’s side taillight. The driver’s side mirror was also damaged.
- Deputy Robert Duncan took a report of deadly conduct that occurred. Complainant stated that he was trying to get his equipment off of a work site when a male subject approached yelling at him to leave. Complainant stated that he told the subject he would leave as soon as he got his equipment, at which time the subject pulled out a pistol and pointed it at him. Complainant advised that he got into his truck and left. Complainant stated that he wished to pursue charges. All information has been forwarded to the DA’s office.
Thursday, May 30:
Deputy Philip Grimes took a report of credit/debit card abuse. Complainant stated that while looking over her bank statement, she discovered three unauthorized purchases on her statement. Complainant notified the bank and turned all information over to the Sheriff’s Office. This case is being investigated.