Panola County Emergency Services District No. 1
A regular meeting of the Panola County Emergency Services District No. 1 will take place Tuesday, May 17 at the Carthage Civic Center at 1702 S. Adams St. in Carthage at 7 p.m.
1. Call to order/establish a quorum and open the meeting
2. Read, change, and approve minutes from the April 19, 2022 regular meeting
3. Comments or suggestions from the audience.
4. Presentation from Chairman of the Chiefs Association and take action if appropriate on their report, requests, and suggestions.
5. Discuss and take action regarding the ratification of action taken by the EŞD Chairman to use his emergency powers to purchase the pickup truck to be given to the county and used by the Fire Marshal under our interlocal agreement with Panola County and raise the budgeted amount to 46,597.44. His action was necessitated due to the very limited availability of units. The next unit available may have been over 6 months out.
6. Discuss and take action, if appropriate, on developing a policy for handling surplus items and to discuss current surpluses items that VFD's are wanting to sell.
7. Discuss and take action, if appropriate, on developing the job duties of the new Fire Marshal position and the assistance it will give to the PCESD#1 board.
8. Discuss and take action, if appropriate, on the purchase of up to 4 pumper/tanker units to replace older aging units and revise the budgets accordingly.
9. Discuss and take action as appropriate on requests from VFDs to purchase items out of the contingency budget or to change previously approved capital items.
10. Discuss and approve paying of the monthly bills.
11. Discuss and approve monthly financial statements.