Panola County Commissioners' Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners' Court will take place Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any subject not on the current agenda concerning county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action from this item must be scheduled on a future agenda.
2. COMMISSIONERS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of these reports will be placed on a future agenda for action.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of this report will be placed on a future agenda for action.
4. CONSENT ITEMS:
a. To record the employment of Vanessa Massey as a temporary employee in the Voter Registration Office effective October 21, 2019 and ending November 5, 2019 at the rate of $8.50 per hour.
b. To record the retirement of Robert J. Fleming as a Reserve Constable Deputy with Panola County Constable, Precincts #1 & #4 effective August 26, 2019.
c. To record the employment of Michelle Landreneaux as a Detention Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective August 17, 2019 at the rate of $14.19 per hour.
d. To record the employment of James McBrayer as a Detention Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective August 24, 2019 at the rate of $14.19 per hour.
e. To record the deputation of Jacqueline McDonald as a Deputy Clerk with the Panola County Clerk’s Office, and record an increase in pay to $15.38 per hour effective September 14, 2019.
ROAD & BRIDGE
a. To accept and record a donation of 71.31 tons of oil dirt from Comstock for use by the Panola County Road and Bridge Department, Precinct #3, on County Road #336.
b. To accept and record a donation of 243.39 tons of road oil valued at $139,949.25 from Gemini for use by the Panola County Road and Bridge Department, Precinct #3.
c. To approve and record a request by Petro Quest Energy, LLC to place a 4" pipe with 6" casing line within the right-of-way of Panola County Road #471.
a. To approve minutes of Commissioners’ Court meetings held during the month of August, 2019.
b. To approve and record 2019 Budget Amendment No. 15.
c. To set fees to be charged for services by the Offices of Sheriff and Constables in compliance with Section 118.131 of the Local Government Code and to authorize posting of notice of such fees as required by Section 81.007 of the Local Government Code.
d. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for Request for Proposals for an Air Conditioning Automation in Panola County Courthouse, Sheriff’s Department and Judicial Center. Request for Proposals will be available in the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas 75633. Deadline for proposals is Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 1:30 o’clock p.m.
e. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for Request for Proposals for Construction Manager for renovation of the Panola County Courthouse building. Request for Proposals will be available in the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas 75633. Deadline for proposals is Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 1:30 o’clock p.m.
f. To approve and record a change in Section 11 (Credit Card Use) of the Panola County Employee Handbook.
REQUESTS FOR CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
a. To approve and record a Request for Attendance at a Conference form(s) for the following Panola County elected official(s)/employee(s): Panola County Wellness Coordinator Joni W. Reed; Panola County Constable, Precincts #1 & #4 Brian Murff; Panola County Deputy Constable, Precincts #2 & #3 Charles Blue; PCSD Deputies Travis Curry, Chris Dickerson, Robert Duncan, Albert Garza, Chadd Gray, Phillip Grimes, Jeff Martin, Calahan Malone, Richard Mojica, Jeremy Nagle, Josh Nagle, and Jacob Samford; PCSD Detention Deputies Shelly Avery, Christina Lyles and Joyce Wilder; PCSD Telecommunication Deputies Heather Bowen and Shakami Manning; PCSD Transport Deputy Ronnie Endsley; PCSD Bailiff Greg Almeida; PCSD Courthouse Security Brant Shrell; PCSD Civil Deputies Denise Gray and Hollie Mojica (2); PCSD Investigators James Ferris, Sergeant Jeff Ivy, Adam Jones and Chris Welk; PCSD Lt. Investigator Sarah Fields; PCSD Administrative Deputy Heather Green; PCSD Detention Officer Jared Bailey; PCSD Jail Administrator Lt. Tina McMullen; PCSD Detention Corporal Chris Hansen; PCSD Sergeant Sweat Deputy Garrett Wallace; PCSD Lt. Patrol Administrator Jeff Scarborough; PCSD Lt. Patrol Deputy Alan Smith; PCSD Assistant Jail Administrator Sergeant Tabitha Martinez; and PCSD Reserve Deputies Travis Wilson and David Johnson; PCSD Patrol Deputy William L. Magness, Jr.; and Panola County Auditor Jennifer Stacy (2).
5. To approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. To approve payment of current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To open sealed bids for the lease of 130 acres at the Panola County Airport-Sharpe Field for the purpose of cutting and bailing hay. Bids may be awarded at a future meeting of the Court.
8. To discuss and act upon approving Ground Lease Agreements at Panola County Airport-Sharpe Field between Panola County and Sharon & Philip Verhalen; and Ronnie Whitten; and to discuss unsigned Lease Agreements.
9. To discuss and act upon approving Hanger Lease Agreement at Panola County Airport-Sharpe Field between Panola County and Mike Mullins.
10. To discuss and act upon submitting names of qualified candidates for election to the Panola County Appraisal District Board of Directors.
11. To discuss and act upon approving the employment of Hunter LaGrone as a Mechanic with Panola County Road and Bridge Department, Precinct #1, effective upon successful completion of physical and drug test at the rate of $18.56 per hour effective September 4, 2019.
12. To discuss and act upon approving a change in status of employment for Jerry Bailey from Driver to Operator for the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #4 effective September 16, 2019 at the rate of $17.46 per hour.
13. To discuss and act upon approving a FY 20 Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Certification form for Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
14. To discuss and act upon approving CRWW Order Form for Onsolve, LLC.
15. To discuss and act upon approving a Service Agreement for Mobile Copsync with MDM between Panola County and Kologik Dynamic Data for 2018 & 2019.
16. To approve and record Texas County and District Retirement System Plan Agreement for Plan Year 2020.
17. To discuss and act upon declaring the following electronic equipment as surplus property: thirty-five (35) computer monitors; fifty five (55) computer towers; twenty (20) battery packs; four (4) laptops; fifty-one (51) keyboards; forty-six (46) mouse; five (5) fax machines; eighteen (18) printers; five (5) paper shredders; three (3) scanners; six (6) typewriters; three (3) power strips; one (1) VCR Player; one (1) DVD Player; one (1) TV; one (1) Home Receiver; one (1) Shrink Wrap Sealer; fourteen (14) Printer Cartridges; and one (1) box of misc/wires.
18. To discuss and act upon authorizing the County Judge to advertise for sealed bids for used electronic equipment. Bid specifications are available in the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas. Bids will be opened October 1, 2019 at a Regular Session of the Panola County Commissioners’ Court scheduled for 1:30 p.m.
19. To discuss and act upon approving a Special Warranty Deed from Panola County to the City of Carthage for Anderson Square.
20. To discuss and act upon creating a full-time employee position in the Panola County Tax Office.
21. To discuss and act upon declaring 14 Automark Voting machines with cases and tables as surplus property; and donate said machines to Carthage Independent School District.