Panola County Commissioners’ Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners’ Court will take place at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14 at the Panola County courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any subject not on the current agenda concerning county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action from this item must be scheduled on a future agenda.
2. COMMISSIONERS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of these reports will be placed on a future agenda for action.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of this report will be placed on a future agenda for action.
4. CONSENT ITEMS:
a. To record the employment of Jordan Holland as a Communications Officer with the Panola County Sheriff's Department effective September 11, 2021 at the rate of $15.29 per hour.
b. To record the separation of Anson Jones as Temporary Operator with Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #1 effective September 8, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
ROAD & BRIDGE
a. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for sealed bids for road oil (cracked fuel oil); corrugated steel pipe culverts; polyethylene corrugated culverts; gravel; used railroad tank cars/flat cars; concrete iron ore; crushed limestone; pug milling; diesel/gasoline; and asphalt. Bids to be opened at a Regular Session of the Commissioners' Court scheduled for October 12, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. Specifications available in the County Judge's Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas and at the County Warehouse, 1121 E. Sabine, Carthage, Texas.
b. To approve and record a request by R. Lacy Services to place a 10" line within the right-of-way of Panola County Road #4557.
c. To approve and record a request by Comstock Oil & Gas, Louisiana LLC to place a 10" pipeline bore line within the right-of-way of Panola County Road #116.
d. To approve and record a request by Rockcliff Energy Management to place a 10" temporary line within the right-of-way of Panola County Road #335.
e. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for sealed bids for the purchase of a one (1) Single Wheel 1-Ton Extended Cab Truck for the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #1. Bid specifications are available in the County Judge's Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas. Bids will be opened October 12, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
f. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for sealed bids for the purchase of one (1) Half-Ton Extended Cab Truck for the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #2. Bid specifications are available in the County Judge's Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas. Bids will be opened October 12, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
a. To approve minutes of Commissioners' Court meetings held during the month of August, 2021.
b. To record Panola County Tax Assessor/Collector's Vehicle Inventory Tax Interest Fund Budget for Fiscal Year 2021.
c. To record fiscal year 2022 Compensation Orders for County Auditor, Assistant County Auditors and Panola County 123rd District Court Reporter.
d. To approve and record 2021 Budget Amendment No. 19.
e. To record August 2021 Treasurers Report for Panola County Treasurer's Office.
f. To record August 2021 Fund Balance Report for Panola County Auditor's Office.
REQUESTS FOR CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
a. To approve and record a Request for Attendance at a Conference form(s) for the following Panola County elected official(s)/employee(s): Panola County Tax Assessor/Collector Holly Gibbs; Panola County Constable, Precincts #2 & #3, Charles Blue (2); Panola County Deputy Constable, Precincts #2 & #3, Jeremy Nagle; Panola County Reserve Deputy Constable, Precincts #2 & #3 Daniel McMillen (2); Panola County Treasurer Joni W. Reed; Panola County Assistant Criminal District Attorney Eric S. "Rick" McPherson; PCSD Secretary Shakami Manning (2); PCSD Civil Process Deputy Denise Gray (2); PCSD Detention Officer Hunter Hutto; PCSD Patrol Deputy Jacob Samford; PCSD Sheriff Sarah Fields; PCSD Chief Deputy Jeff Ivy; PCSD Administrative Deputy Heather Green; PCSD Patrol Deputy Travis Curry; PCSD Patrol Deputy Calahan Malone; PCSD Patrol Deputy Richard Mojica; PCSD Captain Adam Jones; PCSD Patrol Lieutenant Alan Smith; PCSD Criminal Investigator Chadd Gray; PCSD Criminal Investigator Chris Welk; PCSD Patrol Corporal Randy Payne; PCSD Patrol Deputy Josh Nagle; PCSD Patrol Deputy Torey McLemore; PCSD Patrol Deputy Jason Gradberg; PCSD Patrol Deputy Quade Davis; PCSD Patrol Deputy Jared Bailey; PCSD Criminal Investigator James Ferris; Panola County Courthouse Security Brant Shrell; PCSD Patrol Deputy Jeff Martin; PCSD Patrol Deputy Robert Duncan; PCSD Patrol Deputy Jacob Samford; PCSD Criminal Investigator David Gray; PCSD Criminal Investigator Hollie Mojica; PCSD Detention Deputy Joyce Wilder; PCSD Detention Deputy Christina Lyles; PCSD Patrol Corporal Jesus Martinez; PCSD Patrol Deputy Chris Hansen; PCSD Patrol Deputy Colton McNair; PCSD Patrol Deputy Stephen Gillie; PCSD Patrol Deputy Scott Jones; PCSD Patrol Deputy Travis Wilson; PCSD Detention Deputy Chance Haynie; PCSD Transport Deputy; and Panola County Bailiff Greg Almeida.
5. To approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. To approve payment of current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To award the purchase of items of food for the Panola County Detention Center to the lowest and best food vendors upon recommendation of Lt. Tina McMullen.
8. To discuss and act upon approving a Rental Quote from Bane Machinery for rental equipment (rollers) for use by the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precincts #3, #2, and #1.
9. To discuss and act upon hiring a temporary Early Voting Clerk position to work during the November election beginning October 18, 2021 and ending November 3. 2021. at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
10. To discuss and act upon approving the TxDOT Number M2219CART Grant for the Routine Airport Maintenance Program between the County of Panola and the Texas Department of Transportation.
11. To discuss and act upon approving a software contract between Fidlar Technologies and Panola County for records management services for the Panola County Clerk's office.