Panola County Commissioners' Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners' Court will take place at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 13 at the Panola County courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any subject not on the current agenda concerning county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action from this item must be scheduled on a future agenda.
2. COMMISSIONERS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of these reports will be placed on a future agenda for action.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of this report will be placed on a future agenda for action.
4. CONSENT ITEMS:
a. To record an increase of $2.35 per hour for Beverly Hazelwood, Panola County Civil Clerk for JP 1 & JP 2 Offices effective October 12, 2020.
ROAD & BRIDGE
a. To accept and record a donation of 5,000 yards of top soil from Larry Bozeman for use by the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct 4.
a. To approve minutes of Commissioners’ Court meetings held during the month of September, 2020.
b. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for sealed bids for electrical repairs, maintenance, and installation work for all county owned buildings for the year. Bid specifications are available in the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas. Bids will be opened November 10, 2020 at 1:30 o’clock p.m.
c. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for sealed bids for housekeeping services for Panola County Courthouse, Judicial Center, Panola County Sheriff’s Department, Panola County Detention Center, Probation Offices, Road and Bridge Warehouse Offices & Restrooms, and Exposition Center. Bid specifications are available in the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas. Bids will be opened November 10, 2020 at 1:30 o’clock p.m.
d. To approve and record 2020 Budget Amendment No. 20.
e. To record fiscal year 2020-2021 Compensation Orders for 123RD District Court Reporter Carol Mixon.
f. To approve and record Panola County Treasurer’s Second Quarter Report for Fiscal Year 2020.
REQUESTS FOR CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
a. To approve and record a Request for Attendance at a Conference form(s) for the following Panola County elected official(s)/employee(s): Panola County Clerk Bobbie Davis; Panola County Tax Assessor/Collector Holly Gibbs; Panola County Judge LeeAnn Jones; Panola County District Clerk Lindsey Smith; Panola County Tax Office Chief Deputy Cassandra Brooks; and Panola County Constable, Precincts 2 & 3 Charles Blue.
5. To approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. To approve payment of current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To hear presentation from County Auditor Jennifer Stacy regarding Coronavirus Fund Relief.
8. To discuss and act upon approving a draft of a Coronavirus Fund Relief Interlocal Agreement; and to authorize County Judge to execute agreements when presented.
9. To open sealed bids for
a. Road oil (Cracked Fuel Oil);
b. Corrugated steel pipe culverts;
c. Polyethylene corrugated culverts;
e. Used railroad tank cars/flat cars;
f. Concrete/iron ore;
g. Crushed limestone; and
Bids may be awarded at a future meeting of the Court.
10. To discuss and act upon approving a quote from Angel’s Tree Service for cutting down a tree located on County Road 403 - Dixie Lake Road.
11. To discuss and act upon approving a proposal from Scott-Merriman for book preservation for 3 books in the Panola County Election’s Office.
12. To discuss and act upon approving the TxDOT Number M2119CART Grant for the Routine Airport Maintenance Program between the County of Panola and the Texas Department of Transportation.
13. To discuss and act upon adopting a Hava Grant Assurances Resolution.
14. To discuss and act upon declaring a 2019 Chevy Truck Vin 1GCUYAEFOKZ227149 as surplus property to be traded in at Silsbee Ford on a new 2020 Ford Responder Truck for Panola County Constable, Precincts 1 & 4, Bryan Murff.
15. To discuss and act upon approving a proposal from Daniels Carpet Care for additional cleaning services for Elections Office during early voting, October 13 - October 30, 2020.
16. To cancel a proposal approved on September 29, 2020 Commissioners’ Court from C & S Construction for Handicap Ramp and Handrails for Panola County Courthouse.
17. To discuss and act upon approving a proposal from Williams Concrete for a Handicap Ramp for Panola County Courthouse.
18. To discuss and act upon approving a Management Control Agreement regarding Texas Department of Public Safety and FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems between Panola County and Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).
19. To discuss Personnel pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.074.
20. To take any action necessary as a result of the Closed Session.