Panola County Commissioners’ Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners’ Court will take place at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 10 at the Panola County courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any subject not on the current agenda concerning county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action from this item must be scheduled on a future agenda.
2. COMMISSIONERS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of these reports will be placed on a future agenda for action.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of this report will be placed on a future agenda for action.
4. CONSENT ITEMS:
a. To record the resignation of Tommy Earle as Emergency Management Coordinator effective October 12, 2021.
b. To record the temporary employment of Karen McClelland as a Early Voting Clerk in the Elections office effective October 18, 2021 and ending November 3, 2021 at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
c. To record an increase in salary to $15.85 per hour for Lindsey Baker, Deputy with the Panola County District Clerk’s Office effective October 9, 2021.
ROAD & BRIDGE
a. To approve and record a request by Rockcliff Energy, LLC to place 10" lines within the right-of-way of Panola County Roads #336 & #337.
a. To approve minutes of Commissioners’ Court meetings held during the month of September, 2021.
b. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for sealed bids for electrical repairs, maintenance, and installation work for all county owned buildings for the year. Bid specifications are available in the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas. Bids will be opened November 9, 2021 at 1:30 o’clock p.m.
c. To authorize the County Auditor to advertise for sealed bids for housekeeping services for Panola County Courthouse, Judicial Center, Panola County Sheriff’s Department, Panola County Detention Center, Probation Offices, Road and Bridge Warehouse Offices & Restrooms, and Exposition Center. Bid specifications are available in the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas. Bids will be opened November 9, 2021 at 1:30 o’clock p.m.
d. To approve and record Statement of Officer and Official Bond and Oath of Panola County Judge David L. Anderson.
e. To approve and record 2021 Budget Amendment No. 21.
f. To approve and record Budget Amendment for Election Services Contract Fund.
g. To record September 2021 Treasurers Report for Panola County Treasurer’s Office.
h. To record September 2021 Fund Balance Report for Panola County Auditor’s Office.
i. To approve and record Panola County Investment Report for 3rd Quarter Fiscal Year 2021.
REQUESTS FOR CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
a. To approve and record a Request for Attendance at a Conference form(s) for the following Panola County elected official(s)/employee(s): Panola County Clerk Bobbie Davis; PCSD Reserve Deputy Chris Adams; and PCSD Reserve Deputy Phillip Grimes.
5. To approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. To approve payment of current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To approve and record the appointment of Jim Young to the position of part-time Emergency Management Coordinator as designated by the County Judge pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 418.1015, at the rate of $14.00 an hour, effective October 13, 2021.
8. To reappoint Dr. Keith Keeling as Local Health Authority for Panola County for a two year term commencing October 12, 2021 and ending October 12, 2023; and to act upon approving a County Health Authority Medical Services Agreement between Dr. Keith Keeling and Panola County.
9. To present Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for Fiscal Year 2019 to Panola County Auditor Office.
10. To discuss and act upon approving a quote from C & C Contractors for installing a marker for the Panola County Historical Commission.
11. To open sealed bids for
a. Road oil (Cracked Fuel Oil);
b. Corrugated steel pipe culverts;
c. Polyethylene corrugated culverts;
e. Used railroad tank cars/flat cars;
f. Concrete/iron ore;
g. Crushed limestone;
h. Pug Milling;
i. Diesel/Gasoline; and
j. Asphalt Materials for Road Maintenance
Bids may be awarded at a future meeting of the Court.
12. To open sealed bids for one Single Wheel 1-Ton Extended Cab Truck for use by Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #1.
13. To open sealed bids for one Half-Ton Extended Cab Truck for use by Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #2.
14. To discuss and act upon approving a proposal from A T & T for dedicated internet for Panola County Courthouse.