Panola County Commissioners’ Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners’ Court will take place at 1:30 p.m. on May 11 at the Panola County courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any subject not on the current agenda concerning county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action from this item must be scheduled on a future agenda.
2. COMMISSIONERS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of these reports will be placed on a future agenda for action.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of this report will be placed on a future agenda for action.
4. CONSENT ITEMS:
a. To record an increase in salary to $15.33 per hour for Brianna Rabon, Deputy Clerk with the Panola County Tax Assessor’s Office effective May 10, 2021.
b. To record the employment of Lori Craft as a Deputy County Clerk in the Panola County Clerk’s office effective May 24, 2021 (pending drug test and physical) at the starting salary of $14.85 per hour.
ROAD & BRIDGE
a. To approve and record a request by Tanos Exploration to place 10” — 12” lines within the right-of-way of Panola County Roads #155 & #158.
b. To accept and record a donation of material and labor valued at $54,616.15 from Rockcliff Energy for use by the Panola County Road and Bridge Department, Precinct #3 on County Road #322.
c. To accept and record a donation of material and labor valued at $315,649.46 from Rockcliff Energy for use by the Panola County Road and Bridge Department, Precinct #3 on County Road #328.
a. To approve minutes of Commissioners’ Court meetings held during the month of April, 2021.
b. To accept and record a donation of $10,000.00 from Chris Dickerson Memorial Softball Tournament for in car camera’s for the Panola County Sheriff’s Department.
c. To approve and record 2021 Budget Amendment No. 10.
d. To record April 2021 Treasurers Report for Panola County Treasurer’s Office.
e. To record April 2021 Fund Balance Report for Panola County Auditor’s Office.
REQUESTS FOR CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
a. To approve and record a Request for Attendance at a Conference form(s) for the following Panola County elected official(s)/employee(s): Panola County Treasurer Joni W. Reed; 123rd Judicial Court Reporter Carol Mixon; PCSD Detention Sergeant Garrett Wallace; PCSD Investigator Chris Welk; and PCSD Criminal Investigator Chadd Gray.
5. To approve payment of current Panola County bills as presented and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. To approve payment of current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To discuss and act upon declaring the following vehicles as surplus property: 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Silver, VIN #1GNLC2E09ER179562; and 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Silver, VIN #1GNLC2E09ER225116.
8. To discuss and act upon declaring the following equipment as surplus property: Black File Cabinet #00491; Black Cabinet #00508; Tan File Cabinet #00777; and Gray double door cabinet #76118.
9. To discuss and act upon declaring the following electronic equipment as surplus property: fifty-five (55) monitors; forty-nine (49) desktop PC’s; twelve (12) laptops; twenty-four (24) printers; five (5) fax machines; one (1) scanner; two (2) paper shredders; ten (10) bags of misc, computer cables, key boards, mice, etc.; three (3) VCR players; one (1) network modem; two (2) electric typewriters; and seven (7) televisions.
10. To discuss and act upon cancelling the purchase of a Ford F-350 from Chastang Enterprises Houston LLC approved in Commissioners’ Court on April 27, 2021.
11. To discuss and act upon appointing Andy Dawson to represent the County on the Carthage Park Authority Board for a three-year term to commence June 1, 2021 and end May 31, 2024.