Panola County Commissioners' Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners' Court will take place Tuesday, July 9 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any subject not on the current agenda concerning county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action from this item must be scheduled on a future agenda.
2. COMMISSIONERS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of these reports will be placed on a future agenda for action.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of this report will be placed on a future agenda for action.
4. CONSENT ITEMS:
a. To record the resignation of Helen Thompson as a Communication Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective July 5, 2019.
b. To record the resignation of Stephen Gillie as a Detention Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective July 14, 2019.
ROAD & BRIDGE
a. To approve and record a request by Rockcliff Energy, LLC to place a 12-inch line within the right-of-way of Panola County Roads 207 & 210.
b. To approve and record a request by MarkWest Energy East Texas Gas Company, L.L.C. to place a 8-inch steel pipe line within the right-of-way of Panola County Road 464.
a. To approve minutes of Commissioners’ Court meetings held during the month of June, 2019.
b. To record Statement of Officer and Oath of Office forms for Panola County Deputy Tax Assessor-Collector/Auto Registration Brandi Atkinson.
c. To record Economically Disadvantaged Counties Program Information Sheet and Affidavits regarding Bridge Replacement on CR 173 at Beck Creek and CR 224 at Irons Bayou.
REQUESTS FOR CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
a. To approve and record a Request for Attendance at a Conference form(s) for the following Panola County elected official(s)/employee(s): Panola County Treasurer Joni W. Reed; PCSD Jail Administrator Tina McMullen; PCSD Detention Officer Shelly Avery; PCSD Assistant Jail Administrator Tabitha Martinez; and PCSD Investigator Chris Welk.
5. To approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. To approve payment of current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. In accordance with the Property Tax Code, to officially appoint Holly Gibbs as Panola County’s representative to calculate and publish the unit’s effective and rollback tax rate schedules for tax roll year 2019. (Property Tax Code 26.04)
8. To discuss and act upon creating an Early Voting Clerk position.
9. To discuss and act upon approving a Software License and Service Agreement between Tally and Panola County.
10. To discuss and act upon approving a Poll Pad Subscription Purchase Quote between Knowink Innovative Election Solutions and Panola County.