Ten new drilling permits have been issued in Panola County since May 16, online records from the Texas Railroad Commission show:
- Rockcliff Energy Operating LLC was issued two new drilling permits for horizontal wells five miles north of DeBerry on May 9.
- XTO Energy Inc. was issued a new drilling permit for a horizontal well located 2.7 miles southwest of DeBerry on May 20.
- CRD Operating LLC was issued a recompletion permit for a vertical well eight miles southwest of Beckville on May 20, a recompletion permit for a vertical well 6.5 miles east of Tatum on May 23 and a recompletion permit for a vertical well 6.9 miles west of Tatum on May 28.
- R. Lacy Services LTD was issued a new drilling permit for a horizontal well 6.8 miles northwest of Carthage on May 24.
- Buffco Production Inc. was issued a recompletion permit for a vertical well 3.6 miles west of Beckville on May 24.
- Tanos Exploration II LLC was issued two new drilling permits for horizontal wells 4.9 miles northwest of Elysian Fields on June 7.
The Railroad Commission of Texas (Commission) issued a total of 1,050 original drilling permits in May 2019 compared 1,243 in May 2018. The May 2019 total included 931 permits to drill new oil or gas wells, 17 to re-enter plugged well bores and 102 for re-completions of existing well bores. The breakdown of well types for those permits is 218 oil, 71 gas, 675 oil or gas, 69 injection, five service and 12 other permits.
According to Baker Hughes Inc., the Texas rig count as of June 7 was 473, representing about 44 percent of all active rigs in the United States.