Ten new drilling permits have been issued in Panola County since early June, online records from the Texas Railroad Commission show.
- Sheridan Production Company LLC was issued a recompletion permit for a directional well 4.6 miles northeast of Carthage on June 11 and a recompletion permit for a vertical well 3 miles southwest of Bethany on June 19.
- Tanos Exploration II LLC was issued two new drilling permits for horizontal wells 4.9 miles northwest of Elysian Fields on June 13.
- Petroquest Energy LLC was issued a new drilling permit for a horizontal well 15.2 miles southeast of Carthage on June 19.
- CCI East Texas Upstream LLC was issued two new drilling permits for horizontal wells 9.3 miles northeast of Carthage on June 24.
- Rockcliff Energy Operating LLC was issued three new drilling permits for horizontal wells 13 miles southeast of DeBerry on July 1.
The Railroad Commission of Texas (Commission) issued a total of 1,001 original drilling permits in June 2019 compared 1,230 in June 2018. The June 2019 total included 905 permits to drill new oil or gas wells, 10 to re-enter plugged well bores and 86 for re-completions of existing well bores. The breakdown of well types for those permits is 240 oil, 69 gas, 613 oil or gas, 74 injection, zero service and five other permits.
According to Baker Hughes Inc., the Texas rig count as of July 3 was 463, representing about 49 percent of all active rigs in the United States.