A Carthage woman accused of sexually-assaulting a 13-year-old boy has been indicted by a Panola County grand jury, records show.
Alexis Lynn Hearnsberger, 29, is charged with two counts of sexual assault of a child. She was arrested and released Dec. 19 on bonds totaling $25,000.
The Panola County Sheriff’s Office said a mother reported Dec. 4 that she had found a number of sexually-explicit photographs of an adult female, later identified as Hearnsberger, on her son’s cell phone — as well as text messages indicating that the woman and her son had engaged in sexual activity.
“Investigators received consent to search the entire contents of the cell phone and evidence indicated that the suspect and the juvenile had communicated a number of times,” the Panola County Sheriff’s Office said.
Interviewers with the Rusk-Panola Children’s Advocacy Center spoke with the boy on Dec. 10, where he told them he and Hearnsberger had engaged in sexual activity on at least two occasions, the sheriff’s office said.
A Panola County grand jury returned at least 8 other indictments Jan. 30, the Panola County District Clerk’s Office said. They include:
- Cody Glen McFadden, of Carthage, for burglary of a building, stemming from a Jan. 8 incident
- Kevin Louis Reed, of Carthage, for possession of a controlled substance in penalty group one measuring less than one gram, stemming from a Feb. 26, 2019 incident
- Michael Courvoisier Hicks, of Kingwood, for tampering/fabricating physical evidence and evading arrest/detention with a vehicle, stemming from a Nov. 1, 2019 incident
- Armando Morgan Garza, of Carthage, for burglary of a building, stemming from a Dec. 14, 2019 incident
- Edward Lee Thomas Jr., of Carthage, for two counts of assault of a public servant, stemming from incidents on Dec. 1, 2019 and Dec. 5, 2019
- Cassey Reni Webb, of Longview, for sexual assault of a child, stemming from a Dec. 23, 2019 incident