Carthage City Commission
A regular meeting of the Carthage City Commission will take place Monday, Feb. 10 at 5 p.m. at Carthage City Hall, 812 W. Panola St. in Carthage.
1. Call to Order
3. Approval of Minutes of the January 27, 2020 meeting
4. Public Comments
5. Convention and Visitors Bureau Quarterly Report
6. Police Quarterly Report
7. Discussion and Possible Approval of Carthage Police Department Racial Profiling Report
8. Discussion and Possible Approval of Resolution 2020-01 Regarding Civil Rights in Conjunction with the City’s Texas Capital Fund Mainstreet Grant Application
9. Discussion and Possible Approval of Resolution 2020-02, a Resolution by the City Commission of the City of Carthage, Texas Designating Authorized Signatories for Contractual Documents and Documents for Requesting Funds Pertaining to the Texas Community Development Block Grant Program (TxCDBG) Contract Number 7219102
10. Proclamation of April as Fair Housing Month
11. Second Reading of Ordinance 2020-01 Reducing Speed Upon a Certain Section of BU 59
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF CARTHAGE, TEXAS REGULATING THE SPEED OF MOTOR VEHICLES UPON A CERTAIN SECTION OF BU 59 WITHIN THE CORPORATE LIMITS OF THE CITY OF CARTHAGE, TEXAS. AUTHORIZING THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION TO ERECT SIGNS, PRESCRIBING PENALTIES, REPEALING ALL ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT HEREWITH AND PROVIDING A SAVINGS CLAUSE; AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY.
12. Set Public Hearing on a Request from Keri Vance to Rezone the Property on 707 Sunset Street and being Lot 18 of Block 212 from SF-1 (Single Family Residential) to MF-4 (Multi-Family Residence District) for February 24, 2020
13. Report from City Manager
14. Paying of the Bills