10 Reasons Why You Can’t Afford to Not Get Massages
Oct. 18, 2016 at midnight
When you think of massage, odds are you think of an hour of relaxation – a little “me” time. Massage certainly offers a great way to escape from the stresses of our everyday lives, but more and more studies are showing that regular massage gives you so much more: a range of emotional and physical benefits. Here are the top 10 reasons to incorporate more massage in your life.
- Massage reduces stress – A single massage can lower your heart rate, cortisol and insulin levels, all of which are tied to how stressed you feel.
- Massage helps you relax – Long after your massage is over, you will still benefit from a host of brain chemistry responses that encourage feelings of relaxation, lowered stress and improved mood.
- Massage improves posture – Massage helps your body to reinforce healthy and natural movements, which will help correct any posture problems you may have.
- Massage improves circulation – The pressure from massage moves oxygen-rich blood through the body to damaged, tense muscles so they can heal, while removing lactic acid and other metabolic waste.
- Massage lowers blood pressure – Studies have shown that massage can lower both diastolic and systolic blood pressure.
- Massage relaxes muscles – Sitting causes a lot of chronic back pain and massage can help with persistent pain by relaxing those tense muscles.
- Massage improves flexibility – Sedentary lifestyles and age can make joints less flexible. Massage helps improve fluidity and range of motion in your joints and connective tissues.
- Massage helps you breathe better – Massage can relax muscles in the upper body, which, if they become too tight, can constrict breathing.
- Massage relieves headaches – Regular massage reduces your chance of developing a headache in the first place by relaxing muscle spasms and trigger points. Already have a headache? It can decrease the pain.
- Massage strengthens the immune system – Studies have shown that regular massage can improve your body’s overall immune functioning.
With all of these benefits, it’s no wonder today’s consumer is beginning to see massage as an integral part of their well-being journey. As we all re-examine our wellness choices, massage therapy is shedding the stereotype of being an occasional indulgence. Instead, it’s become a highly integral body maintenance experience that offers any number of health benefits when consistently incorporated with other total body care actions.
With affordable monthly membership options and low introductory rates, Massage Envy helps you enjoy the benefit of regular massages. Visit your local Massage Envy at 3088 N Eastman Rd, Ste. 100, in the Target Shopping Center or call us at 903-663-2600 to schedule your massage today.