Ten drilling permits have been issued in Panola County since the middle of April, online records from the Texas Railroad Commission show.
Rockcliff Energy Operating LLC was issued five permits:
- two new drill permits for horizontal wells located 7 miles east of DeBerry on April 15.
- one new drill permit for a horizontal well located 3.5 miles south of DeBerry on April 24
- two new drill permits for horizontal wells located 3.5 miles south of DeBerry on April 30
Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation was issued four permits:
- four new drill permits for horizontal wells located 7.9 miles southeast of DeBerry on May 1
Sponte Operating Inc was issued one permit:
- one recompletion drill permit for a vertical well located 2.4 miles northwest of Beckville on May 15
The Railroad Commission of Texas issued a total of 456 original drilling permits in April 2020 compared to 909 in April 2019. The April 2020 total includes 416 permits to drill new oil or gas wells, two to re-enter plugged well bores and 27 for re-completions of existing well bores. The breakdown of well types for original drilling permits in April 2020 is 97 oil, 15 gas, 311 oil or gas, 15 injection, and 18 other permits.
In April 2020, Commission staff processed 981 oil, 246 gas and 249 injection completions for new drills, re-entries and re-completions, compared to 593 oil, 143 gas, and 36 injection completions in April 2019.
Total well completions processed for 2020 year to date for new drills, re-entries and re-completions are 5,285 compared to 3,244 recorded during the same period in 2019.