The fans kept coming and coming, until they totaled 299.
The Panola County Sheriff's Office, Briarcliff Skilled Nursing Center, Winkler Place Assisted Living, Texas Home Health and Heartsway Hospice hosted their annual fan drive for Mission Carthage and Tri-County Community Action through June 19.
Volunteers delivered fans to both nonprofits on Tuesday. Fans will be given to people in need to help them get through the summer months.
Carthage native Meredith Shamburger has worked for the Panola Watchman since 2018. Before that, she worked at sister papers in Longview and Marshall; the Dallas Morning News; and The Daily Voice, a hyperlocal news company in Westchester County, New York.
As featured on
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Outdoors: Six Texas lakes listed among tops in the nation
- Courthouse News: July 12, 2020
- Carthage welcomes Panola County African-American Wall of Fame
- Panola County schools discuss back-to-school plans
- Still Missing: Panola County pastors want Smith, McMillian cases in forefront
- Panola County Arrest Report: July 12, 2020
- Texas A&M AgriLife experts say Texans mistakenly identifying cicada killer wasps as Asian giant hornets
- McGrue picked to play on team touring Australia
- Panola County businesses get at least $12.9 million in PPP loans
- Fidelity Communications to extend relief measures through the end of the year
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.