The Panola County Sheriff’s Office and area healthcare facilities are hosting their annual fan drive for Mission Carthage and Tri-County Community Action through June 30.
Fans will be given to people in need to help them get through the summer months. The groups are collecting box fans, tabletop fans, oscillating fans and more.
“This year especially, there are those in our county who are having trouble paying their bills due to a partial or total loss of income caused by the COVID-19 pandemic,” the group said. “For those who are able and looking for a way to help others, please consider donating at least one fan!”
Organizers are serving as the drop-off points:
- Briarcliff Skilled Nursing Center, 4054 Northwest Loop in Carthage. Contact Shona at (903) 265-1743
- Winkler Place Assisted Living, 513 N. Adams St. in Carthage. Contact Mackenzie at (903) 754-7991
- Texas Home Health, 1505 W. Panola St. in Carthage. Contact Janet at (903) 360-4024
- Panola County Sheriff’s Office, 314 W. Wellington St. in Carthage. Contact (903) 693-0333
- Heartsway Hospice, 437 W. Panola St. in Carthage. Contact (903) 693-9924
- Allegiance Mobile Health, 1724 Ballpark Road in Carthage. Contact Johnnie at (936) 572-0332.