Omowali Lumumba is pictured with a new “Historical Cook Quarters Community” sign installed at his outdoor historical memorial and park at the intersection of MLK Boulevard and Cook Street. The sign is dedicated in remembrance and honor of Mr. Gettis and Mrs. Callie Black.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Get breaking news stories as they are published. Click HERE to sign up.
Do you subscribe to our digital edition? If you do, be sure to subscribe to this mailing list and you'll be able to read the digital edition of our paper as early as 5am! Click HERE to sign up today!
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Click HERE to signup today!
Obituaries and Death Notices
A bi-weekly email that includes our obituaries and death notices.
Click HERE to have upcoming county, city and school board agendas delivered right to your email every Sunday and Wednesday.
A semi-weekly newsletter with all of The Watchman's sports coverage. Click HERE to sign-up.
- Panola County Sheriff's Office: Longview woman attacked grandparents
- AgriLife forage specialist warns of possible post-Tropical Storm Barry armyworm outbreak
- Beckville doesn't have money for stray dog program, officials say
- Young volunteers lend a helping hand to Carthage residents at Methodist summer camp
- Panola County Arrest Report: July 14, 2019
- Carthage ISD announces back-to-school registration dates
- Panola County Arrest Report: July 17, 2019
- Rowe Performing Arts celebrates victorious competition season
- Panola County Arrest Report: July 7, 2019
- Whataburger hosts canned food drive for East Texas Food Bank on Tuesday
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.